What a RACKET!

9:08 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
Ok friends, we are getting down to it...

I was pregnant,

Everyone knew,

I had a slew of complications in the first trimester,

I knew I was having a boy.... with a dual vessel cord...

Perfect

So, on recommendation of my Loyola doctor, I made an appointment at the Loyola in Maywood for a fetal echo..


The actual ultrasound took about an hour. The tech said that she wasn't able to get very many detailed pictures as he was not cooperating, but everything she saw looked great. She went and got the doctor, who reiterated that what they could see looked great, but they wanted to get a better detailed picture... SO they wanted me to come back in two weeks to have ANOTHER one done. I wasn't quite sure about this.... There hadn't been any sign of ANYTHING wrong. They have seen all four vessels of the heart, measured them, they all looked normal. They saw all the major arteries of the heart and they all looked and are functioning normal, AND they measured his heart to chest ratio and THAT was normal. I just don't know what else they could see that could do us much more good at this point. (they also took pictures and listened to the heart for rhythms and all that and that was normal as well..) I just was DOCTORED OUT by this point, and I was already going to start going to the doctor every week for stress tests... I was just DONE.... but the more I prayed about it, the more I thought I should probably go and just have it checked AGAIN...

So on July 26th, after two AMAZING baby showers, I went BACK to Loyola, (which made for two doctor appointments that week) and had ANOTHER fetal echo done. This time, the head hancho doctor just came in and did the echo. It took another hour, and they still couldn't see everything they wanted to see... but the doctor said she had looked at all the major stuff and said with 90% certainty that this little boy didn't have an"fatal" heart defects... well great.....I mean, I was glad for the 90%, but with the way this pregnancy was going, I would have preferred 100... but whatev....

Jeff was going to turn 30 on August 18th, so our family was planning a huge joint birthday party for him and Aaron, who was going to turn 30 on the 26th, on August 9th. Kati and I discussing details on the phone... Kati and my mother in law had done all the shopping and we were ready to go.


On August 8th, I was going to meet Kati in Diamond at our favorite liquor store to get the booze for the partay.... except Isaac, who was NOT DUE until September 10th had other plans...

1 comments:

Sarah said...

What an incredible story...I have an Isaac too and we had a slew of pregnancy issues too...but now he's a great 15 year old! Awesome name for the cutest little boy...they grow up fast!