Disney Dilemma

11:05 PM Edit This 0 Comments »

Ok, so Jeff and I are going to be married for 10 years this summer....(Hooray for us!) :-)

Isaac is still two and is "free" at Disney... (HOORAY for crazy Disney rule!)

For the two above reasons, plus Isaac is OBSESSED with all things Disney, we decided that this would be a GREAT year for our first family trip to Disney....

Now here is our dilemma: We have a house rented for the end of June. My mother in law, father in law, and my mom are planning on joining us down there. The problem is: after researching flights and park tickets, plus rental cars, and food... this trip will end up costing a bit more than what we had planned on.. PLUS we are hoping that sometime in June we will be closing on a house and moving on out of here...

SO, we started looking at the end of March... (AKA my spring break) Turns out we could stay for five days and four nights for about 12o0 on property (great in my book)... BUT THE FLIGHTS ARE OUTRAGEOUS... adds about 1000 to our trip... so I thought, not a problem, we will drive...

Here come more dilemmas...

1. Jeff absolutely does NOT want to drive. I know that we have driven long distances in the past, but this one is 20 hours... that is a haul... PLUS both our cars have 100,000 miles + on them, and we don't really want to put the miles on them..
  • Possible solutions.. Divorce. ( i mean, kind of takes the celebration out of it so I guess it's off the table... ;-)) In all honesty, I think if I could prove we could save a considerable amount of money, Jeff would be ok with driving... AND I guess we could rent a car, but if we split driving into two days and stay the night some where, and rent a car....are we REALLY saving that much money by driving?
2. We can cancel the house and only be out 100 dollars, so that isn't the issue... BUT NO ONE ELSE has the same spring break as I do, so Isaac's grandparents wouldn't be able to go... it would be just the three of us... SO, not that that's a HORRID thing, but it does make me a bit sad.

3. Spring break would be cooler, so I think Isaac would do better... Isaac does NOT do hot well.... BUT does it eliminate water parks for us? Maybe....

4. If we go over spring break, we could stay on property... I mean, that would be amazing.... so that is definitely a plus....

AHAHAHAHAHAAHHHHHH!! I just do NOT know what to do! I NEED HELP! What do you think? Have you driven to Disney? Can it be done with a terrible two? Isaac does travel well, but I mean, this might be pushing it....Oh, and don't forget my SIL is due with Logan on March 14th... 2 weeks before we would like to go to Disney....

I DO wish I was there... HELP ME! :-)

0 comments: