I finally posted instead of just visiting my blog to read other blogs. :-)

4:03 PM Edit This 2 Comments »


So, it's been awhile.... again..... I visit this page everyday to get my list of blogs to read, and every day I think I am going to post a new post... alas, it never happens. BUT, I am going to try AGAIN to post at least once a week. In the mean time, here is what we have been up to....

1. My nephew, Logan William Cox, was born on March 11, 2011. I mean, he's almost four months old now... and we love him. Here are a few shots of the lad...
This picture of him and I is taken less than 10 minutes after he was born. It was amazing.

2. WE WENT TO DISNEY! We did end up driving, and it wasn't that bad! We split it up over two days each way, and we rented a car. It made it a little more fun to be in a car that wasn't ours. Isaac called it "his Mickey Car." We stayed on property in All Star Movies, and it was MAGICAL. I know a lot of people think that 2 1/2 is too young to go to Disney World, but I will say that in our case, it was WORTH .IT. He thought EVERYTHING was Magical. NOTHING was wasted on him. He loved the parades, the characters and the rides. It.Was.Amazing. AND for those of you naysayers that say he won't remember that he was even there, I will tell you that EVERY SINGLE TIME a Disney movie starts, and the castle comes on the screen, he will turn to who ever is in the room and say. "I go there."
We did go to all four parks, but there is just something special and magical about the Magic Kingdom. (Plus it was a BEAUTIFUL day while we were there and the pictures turned out great! ;-)

3. On a very very sad note, we lost our beloved Aunt Dede to Breast Cancer on the same day we were awarded the top raising team at the Relay for life event. My Aunt fought her cancer for 11 years... she never gave up her spunky attitude and her zest for life. She was amazing, and we all miss her terribly. This year, we, the team created in her honor, reached the mark of raising $100,000 through out our 8 year involvement. We know she would be so proud.

4. We went on vacation to Belgium!!!! Well, Belgium Wisconsin that is. The water was C.O.L.D. but it was the best beach we have ever been to and Isaac had a great time hanging out in his "sandbox." It was veeeerrryyy relaxing, and who doesn't like an excuse to have a beer while listening to the water lap up on the beach?



5. And last, but certainly not least, I took a new job! I will no longer be a teacher at an Alternative High School. I will now be the Transition Coordinator for the same cooperative that I have worked for since graduation. God is so good to me friends. I don't have to leave the work family that I love so much, but I am able to take the next step in my career. I feel so blessed, and I can't WAIT to start in August. With this new step, Jeff and I are starting our "serious" search for our home, and we can't wait to begin this new and exciting part of our lives!!!

So, buckle up friends, this is about to get interesting! :-)

(And with any luck, you will hear about it before December! :-D)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! I was so excited to see you posted! So sorry to read about your Aunt again, but like I said on FB...you and your family should be so proud of the way you honored her. Brings a tear to my eye.

On a lighter note...your Disney pics make me SO FREAKING EXCITED!!! When's out Disney coffee date my friend?

Romashko83 said...

Congrats on the new job!!!!! You will be amazing at that job! And good luck with the house hunting! Ben and I are just about to put an offer on a house in Channahon....its sorta crazy to think we are at that point!