The great idea...

7:27 AM Edit This 3 Comments »
So most of you know, that on Veterans Day, I got the grand idea to start a project. Those of you who know and love me, know that starting projects is not that unusual for me... but what IS unusual is finishing it... ON TIME...

So what is this top secret project I was working on? Well my dear bloggy readers, it was this...
What in Sam Hell is that, you ask? Well, it is a blanket for my FIRST nephew... this little guy...
Log@n Willi@m Cox will be making his debut in March, and I knew as soon as we found out that he was coming this July, that I wanted to MAKE something for him from just ME.
My sister in law, Kati, and I have always been extremely close. (I mean like whoah.) We majored in the same subject, talked daily (I mean she did live two doors away), and worked in the same cooperative. The boys (Jeff and Aaron) worked together and Aaron and I had worked together for a year as well. In 2007, we went on vacation just the four of us to Tybee Island Georgia. We had all talked about how this would be our last "child free" vacation... as we had all decided to start trying to start our families.
In January 2008, I found out that I was pregnant with Isaac...In February 2008, Kati and Aaron found out that,because of medical issues, it would be very difficult for them to conceive a child. It was devestating news to me, so I can only IMAGINE what it must have felt like for them. The following months were difficult; Kati and Aaron were trying to figure out what to do, and Jeff and I were trying to prepare for Isaac. The ONE thing on my mind that I wanted to talk about was the ONE topic that brought heart ache to those I love so much. Jeff and I moved in with my mom, and Kati and Aaron stayed in Diamond (where we all lived)... and things between Kati and I were strained. I KNOW she was happy for me, and I KNOW that she loved me, but we didn't SHARE this, and it was REALLY hard on both of us....
The next years were full of treatments for Kati. They tried a variety of fertility treatments, and after two years of treatments, the second IVF was what finally produced our beautiful nephew. Now we feel is our time to CELEBRATE and SHARE and I could not be more excited!! We are finally getting our groove back, and it feels.so.good.

With every stitch of this blanket, I prayed for a healthy son for Kati and Aaron. That Logan would bring them much joy and remind them that God DOES have a plan... but sometimes, we have to wait to see what that is....
By the expression on their faces...
and the placement in the nursery...

I'd say my mission was accomplished. :-)
I can't wait to meet you Logan. Your Auntie Kate already loves you SO MUCH!

3 comments:

The Apple Pie Gal said...

AWESOME! And it looks beautiful in his room too!

Congrats to your family!

Jan said...

Beautiful job Kate. I'm proud of you finishing. I'm sure Logan will spend many nights cuddled in your love!

Jen said...

Believe me when I say that I know exactly what you and Kati have gone through. But what makes me smile is knowing that even the biggest obstacles can be overcome when two people truly care for one another. When you have a great relationship to start with, you can always find your way back. And this beautiful blanket is just proof of how much you truly love your SIL...and soon-to-be nephew!! Great job friend! I am VERY proud of you :-)